
It amazes me how much personality a two year old can possess. Everyday we learn something new about Josey and she reveals to us what she is learning by observation and listening. So about her sense of humor...she's always been a little stitch but the other day was the most hilarious thing she has ever done/said. My mom and I had gone to the Mall of America to get new laptops (Microsoft Store was having a great deal on computers...and I needed one for my master's- PERFECT!). Anyway, when we were just getting headed back home, I offered to drive out of the cities. My mom asked why and I responded, "Your driving scares me." :) About 5 minutes later, Josey is in the backseat and we hear, "I scared! AAHHHH!" Then to top it off, when we made it into Mantorville (the town right by Kasson), Josey looked around and said, "Yay! Amy made it!" (Remember, Josey calls my mom Amy for an unknown reason) I about wet b/c the whole thing was not prompted by me at all. Josey had come up with this all by herself.
In a week, Josey will start at a home daycare suggested to us from a longtime friend of my family. The lady is the friend's mother-in-law who also watches his three kids. We met with her on the 14th to visit about details and see how Josey interacted with her. Let me tell you, Josey is still occasionally asking about "Debbie" and wanting to see her. I think this will be a perfect fit. Josey will be going three days a week which will be nice once the baby gets here and I can ease into the mothering of two children. Then the little pipsqueak will be attending roughly the beginning of June.
I am so excited about Josey meeting the baby. I think she's going to be the greatest big sister! A friend of mine had a baby about three weeks ago and we've seen her a couple of times so far. Josey is great with little baby Keira. The other day Josey sang Happy Birthday the baby (my belly) and then got really close to my belly and says, "Hi Toodles!" I call Josey, Toodles, and she thinks that's just a name to call anyone now :) Goofball!

No comments:
Post a Comment